Enhancing Lives and Transforming Futures for the Over 55's
6-Week Movement Matters Course
Fresh Visions tackling social isolation with wellbeing activities.
Read their write-up here: tackling isolation with wellbeing activities.
- Reduce social isolation post-lockdown
- Encourage active lifestyles to combat declining mobility
- Bring back into use own community centres
- Improve overall physical and mental wellbeing
- Week 1 workshop: 5 tips for healthy joints, tea & coffee
- Week 2 - 6 practical movement classes, 45 min
- Benchmarking abilities and weekly tracking
- 3 * PDF's to attendees containing movements to undertake in-between sessions to maximise results
Metric-tracking on a scale from 1 to 10
- Weekly attendance rates 83% - 100%
- Everyone experienced an improvement in their movement ability: less tight and stiff, improved strength for everyday tasks, less joint aches and pains
- 3-point reduction in joint pain
- 2-point improvement in reaching down to toes or reaching up to top shelf
- 2-point improvement in overall suppleness
- 2-point improvement getting down and up from the floor
- 1-point improvement in balance
Noted after Week 2
- "I'm stretching daily, and enjoying the health benefits already"
- "I feel more energised and have a positive mindset"
Noted after Week 4
- "I'm no longer squeaky"
- "I feel relaxed and loose. Getting out of bed is easier"
- "I'm no longer hauling myself up the stairs. These movements are helping a lot"
- "Another good week, I'm loving the weekly dose of Movement Matters"
Noted after Week 6
- "I can reach my ankles and I no longer need assistance"
- "I'm feeling less hip pain, I hope there will be more sessions very soon to keep us going"
- "I can hardly feel my knee pain, I appreciate all of your efforts and phone calls"
- "It's a shame it's the final session, I do feel what I have learnt has been a huge benefit and will continue to be so in the future"
- "I definitely will recommend Movement Matters classes"